Order On WhatsApp
- Plant Name- Hypoestes Phyllostachya
- Plant Type- Ornamental
- Plant Height- Upto 8 Inches
- Plastic Pot Dimensions- Upto 7x 5 inches
- Plant Placement- Outdoor
- Hypoestes phyllostachya, the polka dot plant, is a species of flowering plant in the acanthus family Acanthaceae, native to South Africa, Madagascar, and south east Asia. Growing to 30 cm tall and broad, it is an evergreen shrub with leaves heavily-spotted pink or white, as if sprayed with paint.
- The polka dot plant is easy to grow and maintain but they have a very short life span and it is advisable to bring a new one every spring.To prolong the life of Hypoestes Phyllostachya you can pluck the flowers as flowering mostly means the beginning of end of the plant.
- The image displayed is indicative in nature.
- Actual product may vary in shape or design as per the availability.
- The number of leaves and the size of the plant depends on seasonal availability.
- Since flowers are seasonal in nature, flowering plants might be delivered without them.
- Flowers, if present in plant, may be in fully bloomed, semi-bloomed or bud stage.
- Since this product is shipped using the services of our courier partners, the date of delivery is an estimate.
- Your gift may be delivered prior or after the chosen date of delivery.
- A courier product is delivered separately from other hand delivered products.
- No deliveries are made on Sundays and National Holidays.
- Our courier partners do not call prior to delivering an order, so we recommend that you provide an address at which someone will be present to receive the package.
- The delivery cannot be redirected to any other address.
- All courier orders are carefully packed and shipped from our warehouse.
- Soon after the order has been dispatched, you will receive a tracking number that will help you trace your gift.
- Bright light is best. Plants grown in poor light conditions are likely to have solid green leaves, which defeats the purpose of this neat little plant. If your plant isn’t colorful enough, consider some direct sunlight, which should deepen the colors.
- Keep the soil moist in the summer growing season and reduce in the winter. If your plant flowers and then goes into a dormant phase, then reduce water significantly, resuming regular watering only after the new growth emerges.
- During the growing season, feed weekly with a weak liquid fertilizer that includes micronutrients and encourages blooming.
- A light, fast-draining potting soil is perfect. You can use fortified soils.