- Plant Name- Rattlesnake Plant
- Plant Type- Low maintenance plant
- Colour- Green/Natural
- Plant Height- Upto 8 Inches
- Plastic Pot Dimensions- Upto 6x 5 inches
- Plant Placement- Indoor/Semi Shed
The Calathea lancifolia, also known as the Rattlesnake Plant is native to the Brazilian rainforest and a proud winner of Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit. A darling of home gardeners for decades now, its popularity still tops the chart owing to its air purifying and pet friendly nature.
- The image displayed is indicative in nature.
- Actual product may vary in shape or design as per the availability.
- The number of leaves and the size of the plant depends on seasonal availability.
- Since flowers are seasonal in nature, flowering plants might be delivered without them.
- Flowers, if present in plant, may be in fully bloomed, semi-bloomed or bud stage.
- Since this product is shipped using the services of our courier partners, the date of delivery is an estimate.
- Your gift may be delivered prior or after the chosen date of delivery.
- A courier product is delivered separately from other hand delivered products.
- No deliveries are made on Sundays and National Holidays.
- Our courier partners do not call prior to delivering an order, so we recommend that you provide an address at which someone will be present to receive the package.
- The delivery cannot be redirected to any other address.
- All courier orders are carefully packed and shipped from our warehouse.
- Soon after the order has been dispatched, you will receive a tracking number that will help you trace your gift.
- Feed your Calathea a fertilizer that is high in nitrogen every three weeks in summers. In winters, feed the fertilizer once a month.
- A good bright spot within a room or conservatory without direct sunlight is advised. Too much direct sun will cause issues.
- During the growing season ( May - Aug) water frequently. Always keep the soil moist (not waterlogged). During the winter cut this down and only water when the top soil has become dry to the touch.
- 2 parts peat/1 part perlite would be suitable. The soil needs to be able to retain some moisture while also being able to drain (too much drainage materials used is not advised). Replenish the top soil in the pot in the spring months so that the plant can get new fertilizer and nutrients.
- Since the plant loves moist areas, you can leave a tray under your pot with pebbles to hold moisture from the water that escapes from the hole on the bottom of the pot so the plant remains moist. You can also use a humidifier for this task.